Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Photographer Feature: Matt Colagreco

Photography has always been a hobby of mine. I've never been trained or told how to take pictures; I just like to see what happens.  

I like to travel around to new places and just explore. So, while traveling around I like to try to capture what I'm seeing on film. I've been to Spain, Argentina, Chile and numerous places within the United States. 

Out of all of these places I would have to say the place that captured my heart was the west. Specifically Northern Arizona and Southern Utah.  There is something truly amazing about being in the desert with nothing around.  

This was taken at a state park in Nevada called Valley of Fire. This is what years of wind and sand can do to rock.

 This was also taken at Valley of Fire state park.  This was the on one of the trails.

This is inside Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. This was taken inside the canyon.

This is my attempt at capturing Zion Nation Park in Utah. No pictures can do it justice. This is the shot on the way up the infamous angel's landing trail.

This is Cedar Breaks National Monument in Utah. The peak in the distance is Brian Head peak at an elevation of 11,307 ft.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photographs, Matt! I've always been impressed with your creative talent (musical and artistic). I remember looking at your paintings (I think one was of a duck?) on the wall in your house whenever I went for flute lessons. They were well done, and I'm sure you've only gotten better since then. Great to see some of your work!
    -Marlee

    ReplyDelete