Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Little Slice of China

Manhattan's Chinatown is one of my favourite places in New York City.  It has enough Chinatown in it, but a lot of people still speak English, so for those of us who know only what we learned from one fun episode of "Ni hao Kai Lan," it makes the culture fairly accessible.  And I really love what I know of Chinese culture!  I've said this before... but I'm craving the opportunity to learn more about it, by traveling there, or learning to speak the language or something.  This morning, as my boyfriend is off to take a belt test at his martial arts studio in Chinatown, it is really on my mind.  He's a little further along, since he is working on learning some martial arts from China, as well as from other countries, but I think I might be eventually able to catch up. 
In the meantime, I will eat my dumplings, drink my tea, and dream.


 
  


Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Emily,
    I REALLY enjoyed this post. It is very refreshing to see you pop up on Twitter with posts from your website, rather than your Tumblr finds. I am so impressed by the angles you find to shoot from, allowing us to see from different POVs. I especially loved the laughing bunnies and the kitties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. some great camera angles! especially those of tea

    ReplyDelete