Sunday, March 20, 2011

Snapshot A La Weekend

I'm feeling kind of lazy this morning, and I thought I'd just compile something silly and fun.

I've had a bunch of people ask me how my house looks, and if they could see photographs of it.  At some point this will definitely happen, I promise.  I'm working on cleaning it up a bit this morning, and the whole thing isn't completely together.  We've been here for about six monthes now, and we finally got all of the furniture we want.  We're still working on the art.

Anyway... here is a little glimpse into how I spend my weekend mornings!  I know... so thrilling, right?  Generally, I sit on the couch, relaxing, reading a book or magazine, maybe catching up on blogs or finding inpirational photographs for my tumblr, responding to emails, that sort of thing. I wear PJ pants, an oversized tee shirt, and no makeup.  This is done with coffee.  The coffee part is mandatory.  I'm a bit of a caffeine addict, coffee just tastes so good.  And it is really easy when you have a lot of cool mugs!  I have a lot of cool mugs.  This piece of gold is one of my favourites.


It is my ACTORS IN WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE'S LEADING ROLES mug.  Why did I capitalize it so angrily?  Because, it is capitalized like that on the bottom of the mug.  It has a whole description, saying who each actor is, and what role they are depicted playing.  I bought the delightful thing while seeing "Antony and Cleopatra" done by the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon.  Yes, that is Shakespeare's hometown!  That's why I love this mug so much.  Shakespeare paraphenalia from the land of Shakespeare.  To me, that is an ultimate win.


I have a lot of other cool mugs too.  I have one with my "Beach Ninja" print on it.  That makes me happy.  I also have one that is Mickey Mouse's pants.  Not his top half.  Just his pants.  When you drink out of it, it kind of looks like you are doing something raunchy to Mickey Mouse.  We always give this mug to guests, it's a hilarious way to start a conversation and make someone feel a tad bit awkward.  Also, there is the Shakespearean insult mug, whose choicer phrases include "quintessence of dust" and "canker blossom".  We also have two different London Underground "Mind the Gap" mugs, one with the writing of the Rosetta Stone (in all three languages), and one covered in Chinese Lucky Cats.  That's not even mentioning Danny's personalized Lego mug and the Don't Mess With Texas mug... that I dropped on the floor and shattered yeterday.  Oops.  Ho hum.

Anyways, what else do I do on a weekend morning?  I lean against a comfy throw pillow.  We have three of them on our couch- a red one with a big old E on it (that's for Emily), a black and red one with a bird...


And then, we have this thingamajigger...


I made this one.  Don't get too impressed- I didn't screen print it or anything.  The fabric was just rather nifty, and I took it, put a back on it, stuffed it, and sewed on some beads.  This happened in early high school- I was helping out with my mom's girl scout troop on craft day.  By helping out, I mean I was making my own, more advanced project in the corner as her little sister and her friends struggled to get it done themselves.  That must have been what happened, or I wouldn't have gotten all of these beads sewed on.
In any case, I snuggle up with these pillows, creating myself a nice little nest.  I found the term internest on Urban Dictionary the other day, and the site defined it as, "The concoon of blankets, pillows, duvets, and comfy things you gather around yourself to keep warm whilst spending long amounts of time on the internet."  So, so true!

By this definition though, no successful internest is complete without...


THE MEXI-BLANKET!
The mexi-blanket was inherited from my parents, and by inherited, I mean that they accidentally left it here when they helped us move in, and we kept it.  They bought it on their honeymoon in Acapulco, and it is still in great condition.  It was being used to cover furniture in their car, but for us, it is the couch throw blanket of dreams.  We are always snuggling up in this thing.  Danny is Texan, and I think it brings out his Texan sensibility a bit.  But really, it's just comfy. 

It's also fun to hide under it, or wrap yourself up in it and pretend you are Santa Maria.


Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment