Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Maine Event

My grandparents live in a beautiful wooden house on Lake Maranacook in Maine.  Their place is more than a mile down a dirt road in an already rural town.  The trees climb to the sky, and during the fall and winter, the vacationers aren't around.  The whole place is gorgeous and serene.

Danny and I took a vacation there for a few days to visit with my Gramma and Grampa and relax after some busy times at work.  These are some of the photographs from our trip.

Here are my grandparents, albeit from the back, but it is them nonetheless.

And here, are some photographs from a jolly walk through the woods on a cloudy, cool morning. The first one is of their lovely house.
More to come on the morrow.

Photo of me taken by Bill Buck. 
Pictured: Bill Buck, Barbara Buck, Daniel Garrison and Emily Grace Buck (me)

Hallowell, Maine, USA
and
Readfield, Maine, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Ah Emily, your grandparents are absolutely adorable - even from the back; and their house/property is exquisite. I LOVE the leaves - you don't see many changing color leaves here in SoCal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! They really are cute. And their property is beautiful in the fall. The trees are so tall that there are just leaves everywhere! I'm glad you enjoyed it and that I could bring some fall to you. But, I'm definitely craving your warm weather right now... not gonna lie...

    I'm so happy that you keep reading my blog, as you know I love yours. Thanks so much for the support. I keep trying with this blog but it just hasn't caught on like yours has! It's nice to know that someone successful thinks I'm at least kind of quality :P

    ReplyDelete