Friday, December 10, 2010

Inspiration Fridays: Lily Cole

She's one of my favourite models.
I've had some people tell me that I look like her... which I take as a huge compliment, because I think she's absolutely adorable. 
She just has such a cute little face, and kind of droopy eyes that give her a very endearing quality.
I don't see the resemblance, actually, but I'm just thankful that people think I might be as lovely as she is!  (I'm not)
I love her modeling, but I think even more than that, I am a fan of the type of work she gets hired to do.  Often, she wears slightly gothic clothing, or things reminiscent of a princess.  This makes me very happy.  Roses, pinup, and lolita are common in her photographs too.  She looks little and cute, yet wears things that are sexual and risque.  I like that.  Young appearance, with a serious edge. 
How Lily Cole portrays herself is the type of person I want to be.  Who she is, I don't really know.  I know very little about her as a person, I just admire her body of work as an artist.

It inspires me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. She's one of my favorite models, as well. I love the fact that she has this very cute, yet sophisticated look about her. Gorg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you agree with me about her! I think she's great. Yeah, it's that dichotomy between the adorable-ness and the adult in her that I like the best. You said that in a much simpler way than I did :)

    Thanks!!!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. unfortuantely she has dyed her red hair dark brown now - not liking it :( i love red hair and freckled skin but now she looks like any other north italian in london... but not only is she beautiful but super bright too

    londonviennacologne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really? I haven't seen any photos of her with the new hair. I'll have to look it up. I think redheads are adorable too- my hair has some natural red highlights in it, and I have always wished that it would one day overtake the blonde... but alas. No such luck. I'm glad to hear that she's smart, though, that makes me like her even more.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and the comment!


    OH BY THE WAY.
    Sorry for the lack of credit on this post... I don't know who the photographers are. I wish that I did. All of these were taken from reblogged posts on tumblr where people didn't put the photographers names. I feel crappy about this. If anyone knows of any of the photographers, please let me know so I can post the information!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such gorgeous photos. She is lovely! Really uniquely so, actually.

    ReplyDelete