Monday, December 13, 2010

Photographer Feature: Frankie Hruzek

Name: Frankie (it is, in fact, much longer and more complicated than that, but let's keep this simple) :)

  I've worked as a freelance photographer for years now. I've photo-slaved myself out for newspapers, magazines, and, when times were tough, the odd wedding. In all of it I've found that I prefer to photograph people more than anything else. The spontaneous portrait is far and away my favorite type of photography. When it comes down to it, a place is almost completely static. It's -people- that are dynamic. Maybe it's a narcissism inherent to us, but most of the time, we're most interested in looking at things that seem to look back. What follows are a few of my favorite portraits that I've taken during my adventures, domestic and abroad.

Sites! 4and20.tumblr.com (photography); frankiefightsfood.tumblr.com (nom nom nom)

 San Marcos, Texas

 My Grandmother.  
Wallis, Texas

Self-portrait
[it might be weird that a self-portrait is one of my favorite pieces, but everyday I'm still amazed at the sheer size of my balls when I woke up that day and decided to do this. Not sure if it's an experiment that will ever get repeated, so I mark it as a victory to remember.]
San Marcos, Texas

La Rochelle, France
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I love the self portrait. The black and white adds a lot of character.
    And thank you for your lovely comment, I'm glad my post made your day. It's really amazing to hear that from a reader of mine.
    Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Cassidy! Frankie is really talented.

    No problem about the comment. I meant every word of it. I really felt better about the world in general after reading your post, and I felt like I should tell you.

    I hope you have a lovely week too! (And maybe come visit again:D)

    ReplyDelete