Thursday, December 16, 2010

Buoys, Boats and Boots



They all start with B.

You know what else starts with the letter B?  BUY.  The word buy starts with B!  I feel like I'm an old episode of Sesame Street, but just hang with me, I swear this is relevant.  BUY.  Because soon, you will be able to buy my work!  

Yes!  The day you have been waiting for has finally arrived!  I am opening an Etsy store.

So... I originally wrote, as the content of this post, a rant about how no one reads this blog.  In it, I complained and bitched about how my friends don't pay any attention to this page, how so few of them liked it.  In this rant, I was also really upset about how I posted on my Facebook that there was a poll on this page, and only got one response.

And... I totally missed the point.  Those thousand or so friends that don't read this page aren't you.  You are reading this page.  You are one of those magical 50-80 page hits I get per day.  You are one of the people who makes my heart leap as I see my hit counter go up a number, as I watch a little target flash on the map in my sidebar.  You may be one of the 27 amazing Google followers that I have, or the 20 beautiful people who have liked this blog on Facebook.  Even if you aren't one of them, you are here.  I'm thankful for that.  I'm thankful for you.  I do write this blog for my own artistic release, to a point.  But, really, I write it for the occasional comments reminding me that I'm not terrible at my art.  The comments that tell me what I had to say was interesting, or affected someone's day positively. Those little things that take you five seconds make my world. When people leave me a comment and tell me that I've inspired them... I just want to cry tears of joy.  I did once, not going to lie.  Every little page view, poll vote, comment, like and email means the world to me.  So, thank you.  Thank you.  With all of my heart.

By the way, as I said earlier, there is a poll in the sidebar.  Please take a moment to vote and let me know what you'd be most interested to see in my shop. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.  Truly, I mean that.  Thank you!

Pictured: Daniel Garrison and Bill Buck (Two B's!  Mwahahah!)
Readfield, Maine, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment