Monday, October 4, 2010

These Kids Are so much Hipper than Me



Please, may I introduce two members of that counterculture that isn't organized enough to be, nor wants to be a counterculture- the hipsters.  These two are particularly good.  They border on scenester just because what they are doing is so poppy/ Japanese.  The backpack, let me start with the backpack.  Woah.  That person with it on is a guy, and he looked to be about twenty years old, and he's rockin the miniature, cutesy stuffed animal backpack.  That's.  Awesome.  I wish I had the courage to pull off something that eccentric, but I don't.  Maybe that's for the better, but he just looks so fun!  The girl looks a little bit like  a Lady Gaga wannabe.  These two were just hanging out one cloudy August day at South Street Seaport.  I didn't talk to them.  They walked around the area in circles- I don't know if they were intentionally trying to get people to notice that they were much cooler than everyone else.  It was working.  Check out the girl in the yellow in the top photograph.

Now they just have to whip out their American Spirits and a PBR and they are good to go.

I am nowhere near that cool.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment