Thursday, October 21, 2010

Horse and Carriage Parking Only


Oxford is the town next to West Grove, where I grew up.  My area was fairly rural- some of my friends don't really grasp what it was like growing up in a town with one stoplight, cornfields, and Amish buggies.  Driving in my area was always tricky- many of the roads were so old, that two normal sized cars cannot pass one another very easily, especially around twists and turns in the woods.  Lines in the middle of the road are few and far between, and shoulders and sidewalks are distant dreams.  Some roads aren't even paved.  Going around the turns becomes even more difficult when there is an Amish buggy.

If that depiction didn't give you an idea, I think that this photograph captures it pretty brilliantly.  

And to top it off, this parking spot was at the DMV.  Amazing. 

Oxford, Pennsylvania, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment