Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Nice Cup of Rob




So, Rob is the guy who owns that dog Tofu, who I shared a bunch of pictures of before.  He came to visit New York for a few days in August, right before Danny and I went to Austin, and we had such a great time!  

A friend coming to visit gives the New Yorker a chance to do that thing they are never supposed to do- tourist stuff.   
shiver

Everyone who lives in New York says that they hate touristy things.  They are way too cool to enjoy the M&M store, Times Square sucks, Macy's is overrated, and god forbid anyone ask them to go on a sightseeing bus.  Here's the secret, though- most of us really enjoy all of them.  We're just trying to be way too cool to admit it.

Anyways, these photos are of Rob doing something not touristy.  Rob's kind of strangely obsessed with hipsters (just wait for the next post), and he wanted to do things in New York that the hipsters do. I recently graduated from NYU, so, though I don't consider myself to be a hipster, I am familiar with their ways.  So, I took him to Think Coffee.  He got himself a massive mug of tea and a grilled cheese, while Danny and I had iced coffee and a brownie.  


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment