Saturday, January 9, 2010

In the Sky Over Chicago

1-2-10

Wow.  It feels so weird to put 10 as the year.  Another decade has passed.  It seems like just yesterday that I was banging pots and pans on my grandparents’ porch, ringing in 2000.  Of course, I was 10, but I remember things pretty clearly from when I was 10.

My New Year plans got changed just a little bit.  I was supposed to go to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA, with my friends Bianca and Amanda.  Bianca ended up getting stuck at home in Philadelphia, and it rained, so instead I went to a New Years party at my friend Jenny’s house.  It was awesome.  They cleared all of the furniture out of one room and set up a strobe light.  We set off fireworks, wore crazy outfits, made air pop popcorn, and, yes, we banged pots and pans.  It was fantastic. I’ll post pictures in a few days… I didn’t take any at the party, because my crappy $50 camera decided to die completely on me.  In the mean time, here are a few pics of my Longwood trip at night on Dec 18, for my parents’ anniversary:

 
 


EDIT:  Here's a New Years pic!


 


But I won’t be having that problem any more!  The camera problem, I mean.  With the store credit from my Coolpix that tilted over and busted last year, I bought myself a really nice new Kodak Easyshare!  I love it.  It takes beautiful pictures.  Here are my first few shots from in the Chicago Airport.

 


Yes, that’s correct.  I’m currently sitting in Chicago O’Hare airport.   There was a sign saying that the airport was an internet hotspot- I was very happy about this.  However, it was a lie.  You have to pay to be able to use the hotspot. And it’s like $10.  Lame.  They tricked me.

 So why am I in Chicago?   Because there was no direct flight.  I’m on my way to Austin, TX to visit my amazing boyfriend Danny, and his dad, who I have not met before.  I’m so excited about this.  I haven’t seen Danny for two weeks, and I have never been to Texas.  Actually, I have never been to Chicago either.  So this is two firsts. 

Here’s a nice picture of Danny and me.



I’ll post more when I’m in Austin.  Current plans include seeing Avatar in Imax tonight, and going to see The Alamo tomorrow.

Cheerio! 

(I leave you with a photo I took when I saw Sherlock Holmes in Newport.  The movie was fantastic.)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment