Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm in London!



I'm here!  And I had an amazing day.  I'm in my room, working on unpacking.  I've already taken a double decker bus, ridden in a London black taxi, tried an English latte, and sampled a local strawberry beer... as well as trying my dad's favourite, the German Leffe. It has been an amazing day :)

Pictures and such are to follow!

Now here is the rest of the info from my trip to Texas!

Danny and I went to this totally fun place called Main Event.  They had mini golf, an arcade, bowling and rock climbing all for one flat rate.  We spent about five hours and had a blast.  Henceforth, we named the experience: MEGADATE!  It really was the best date ever.  We had so much little kid version adult fun; it was fantastic.  Danny beat me at bowling and minigolf, but I might have been epically victorious in air hockey and the shooting game.  Only time will tell who is the true megadate master.








Danny basically takes me out on the best dates imaginable. Another one of our wonderful Austin experiences was on the Hike and Bike Trail, a seven mile trail along the river and over its bridges.  We decided to do a scenic walk.  It was stunning.  Every vision I've ever had of Texas being nothing but tumbleweeds was proved to be utterly incorrect.  It was magical.


 
 
 
 
 
 


Another one of our fun dates consisted of an entire day of fun.  It started with lunch at Mangia Chicago stuffed pizza with our mutual friend Michael.  She had worked with us at Surflight, and was currently living in Austin. Then, we went on a trip to Toy Joy, a really eclectic toy store with playthings for adults! No, I don't mean sex toys.  I mean fun, funky, hilarious little knick knacks that the adult with a sense of humour enjoys.  The decoration in the store was elaborate and hyper-colorful.  Their selection of Hello Kitty items was unparalelled- I bought a Kuromi doll. Then, we went to Spiderwalk Cafe to meet up with his college friend, Mikka, who waas absolutely lovely.  The restaurant was a relaxed
hippie cool coffee shop and bar with an overgrown outdoor seating area.








 
 







Our next superfun thing was visiting the State Capital building.  Of course, in true Texas fashion, rather than being decorated with "The State of Texas," it said"The Republic of Texas."  It is the third capitol that I have seen from the outside, and the second from the inside.  It was by far the most beautiful and elaborate.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I leave you with one last glorious Texas image-- a reminder of my trip and those yet to come:


Please note: Not fragile.





No comments:

Post a Comment