Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rock and Roll Elvis Bingo

So tonight, I went with my English friend Lenny, and her friends Alex, Charlie, and Chris to a bar called the Lexington just up the road in Angel.  They were having a Rock and Roll Elvis Bingo Night!  It was a lot of fun.  We played two games of Bingo with a design an album cover round inthe middle. I didn't win at all, but it was just a good time.

It was funny- the bar's main feature was that it had a long list of fine American beers and bar foods!  So I was able to have a Pumpkin Ale or Brooklyn Lager here in England.  I opted fora Blue Moon.  But, that made me laugh.

I learned that English Bingo is different than the American version.  Rather than getting a line of five across, down or diagonally, you had to fill in an entire rectangular box of three rows.  Every number from 1 to 90 was somewhere on your card.  This version of the game takes much longer, adding to the suspense, and justifying the one pound play in fee.

There was even an English Elvis impersonator!  Nothing like seeing a man in an Elvis suit speak in an English accent. Sadly, I was unable to get a picture of him.

Here is my album cover round entry!  We had to design a cover for Elvis Presley's Viva Las Vegas:



Here is a photo of my two bingo cards, and then one of me with Lenny!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment