Sunday, January 24, 2010

Camden Market

Today, Jackie and I left in the morning and walked up to Camden Market.  I had been up to Camden before, but only at nighttime, so I saw where all of the stalls were and everything.  I knew that it would be cool, but frankly, I had no idea.

It was amazing.  There were stalls and small shops everywhere selling pretty much everything.  I was incredibly impressed.  Wellies, shoes, records, vintage mirrors, clubbing gear, gothic corsets, massive African masks... you name it.  They had it.  I ended up buying a really cute tank top at one stall, but I was temped by so many things at this market.  Many of the shops were so full of merchandise, you could barely even move.  Here's a selection of some of the things I saw at the market today.

Wellies!


The requisite "Hitler actually did not take us over" shirt
 

Mass Production Replica of Spice Girls Dress circa 1998
 

Penguins and Pandas and Deer, Oh my! Animal jumpers...
 

I almost bought this jacket.  So pretty and unusual.


Yummy English style Doughnuts!


Everyone likes Cookie Monster cupcakes!  I love how the price is on an eclair.


Speaking of doing strange things to childhood icons...


I think I saw these in the V&A last week...


The area itself is very pretty as well.  The local scenery around the canal was quite nice, and a lot of the statuary and storefronts were impressive.  Some of it was funky, like a lot of the merchandise, and some was just very serene.  Like this first photo.

Here's a look to the east, and then west, over the canal from one of the bridges.



The seating for one of the food areas.  Converted mopeds.


 Here are some statues from the Stables Market.
 

 
 

Last, but not least- multicolor dread lock horse.


For a late lunch, Jackie and I went to some little fast food style place and got fish and chips.  Finally.



I leave you with tonight's London sunset.
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment