Monday, January 18, 2010

Harrods Jr.

So for dinner on saturday night, Alison, Jackie and I wanted to go to Harrods, the largest department store in Europe!





We were already in the neighborhood after visiting the V&A, so we thought that could be cool.  Oh, by the way, the two photos above are of the facade of Harrod's both at night and during the day.  I took the night photograph yesterday evening, and the daylight one was from today.  The restaurants within Harrods were not terribly expensive, but we wanted something even a tad bit cheaper.  So we headed across the street to Harrods102, the less expensive food court area of Harrods.



Within Harrods102, there were still all of the beautiful little Harrods trinkets that we had seen accross the street.  Countless tins shaped like different kinds of London symbols were filled with cookies, nuts and chocolate.  My dad had bought me presents from his trips to London in the past at Harrods, and I could tell that these were this years version of the same thing.  My favourite, once again, was a beefeater bear.  Apparently I find beefeaters really funny, especially when animals personify them, because this is the second time I have been amused enough by this image to post it here.




Within Harrods102, we ate at Triffinbites, a small takeaway Indian food place.  We got these Indian food wraps, which is apparently an authentic way to eat that type of cuisine. I had no idea.  I had a spicy paneer wrap.  Of course, the wraps were made of naan, which made it even better.  The best part was, though, that it was only 4.99!



 

Next post will be about my bus tour on sunday.  Buckingham Palace, the Albert Memorial and St. Paul's Cathedral.  Cheerio!!



No comments:

Post a Comment