Thursday, January 5, 2012

We Spend Way too Much Time Waiting for Trains

We really do.  I'd guess that I spend at least 15 minutes each day waiting for trains.  Some days, it's a little bit less, and other days... there are problems, and I end up in a pause that feels like forever.  Usually it's the subway that holds me in anticipation, but we travel a decent amount, and when possible, we do so via railway.  The longer the train ride, the lengthier the delays tend to be.

These photographs were taken while waiting for an Amtrak train in Wilmington, Delaware, after visiting my parents.

Think about it- if I really spend 15 minutes each day, which I think, on average, I definitely do, then I wasted approximately 5,475 minutes this past year standing on train platforms.  That's 91.25 hours, or almost 4 days of my life.  But, hey... it beats sitting in traffic mashing a horn any day of the week!












Wilmington, Delaware, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment