Sunday, January 22, 2012

Responsibility Champion

I've been busy this past week, and starting next week... I am going to be the busiest kid ever.  By busiest, I mean that,  5 days a week, I will probably be leaving home between 6 and 7:30am, and not getting home until 9pm or possibly even 10pm.

AHHHHH.  


But really, it isn't so AHHHH because I love everything I'm working on right now.

A lot.

I love it a lot.

I'm going to be the champion of responsibility this semester.   I'll be teaching 6 hours of classes again, but two of those hours will be with more advanced students- I was assigned basically last minute to teach the second and third year Outreach students!  I couldn't possibly be happier about this.  They are a great group, and I feel like I'm doing good for the community.  The Outreach program where I work provides free acting training for low income high school students who live in New York City.  It's pretty amazing, and I'm privileged to be a part of it!

I'll be working just over 40 hours per week, shadowing incredible voice and speech teachers about 5 hours a week, and in martial arts class anywhere between 5 and 12 hours a week.  Somewhere in there, I plan to fit in some yoga, singing lessons, and you know, sleep.  I've taken to reading on the subway instead of just zoning out, and that simple choice has made me feel far more productive.  Yeah, what I'm currently conquering is a sci-fi novel based off of a video game, but damnit, I'm getting stuff done.  It may not be super-duper important stuff, but I just took an hour of sitting idly and used my brain for something. Success.

Starting at the end of March, I'll begin Yoga Teacher Training, which will consume my weekend.  And then, no one I know will see me for three monthes.  Really.  I was hanging out with a good friend of mine from college last night, and going over this with her.  I got a bit overwhelmed but in all honesty, I'll be busy for more than 12 hours each weekday, and 6 hours each weekend.  I'm just not going to have time.  I'll be investing in my future, and my learning.  It's so exciting!

THUS... I have earned the status of Responsibility Champion, like my mug says.  I can't back down from any of these things, so I will either be the learning-est student and teacher ever seen, or I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.  I think it's just going to be awesome.  I know it's going to be awesome.


Cheers to a spring semester full of getting shit done.

(Mug art is from Hyperbole and a Half, which you should totally check out.  Like, now.)

Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA


PS.  I'll have some more normal posts up in a few days.  Stay tuned.  Once again... I'm busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment