Wednesday, January 4, 2012

All the Boats in Boston

Almost every major city (that I have visited, anyways) seems to be based around a river or a lake.  This makes sense, of course, since waterways were once, and to a degree still are, a main form of travel and commerce, as well as a source of that all- important resource, you know, water.  Water is kind of necessary for human life.  Well, most animal life, actually.  Plant life too.  Life.

For some reason, however, I'm consistently surprised by the presence of these bodies-of-H2O. Every city has cool bridges, and neat scenes of bridges and boats.  And every time, I become excited.  I like waterfront scenes very much.  There's something wonderfully serene about rippling water, and the vessels floating upon it.  My shoulders immediately descend a few inches away from my ears, and my breath becomes deeper, slower.  Classical music starts swirling around my brain. I suppose this is why those relaxation tapes with sounds of waves are sold as often as they are.  We, us human peoples, tend togravitate towards the calming essence of water.  It makes cities a little bit more manageable and pleasant.  I know that a highlight of my day is always the bridge portion of my subway ride on the way to work.  The way home from work is in the summertime, but right now, it is very, very dark by the time I'm on my way back to our apartment.  

I like water.  I like boats.  I took some photos of them.  I hope you like them too.




























No comments:

Post a Comment