Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nature's Blanket

Yesterday, I wrote about how Christmas, and holiday cheer seem to be overtaking fall.  They really do, especially in this city.  I don't have a huge problem with it, but I just love fall.  It may be my favourite season.

The best part is the leaves.  The browns, the reds, the yellows and the oranges that decorate the ground fill me with so much joy.  There is something so comforting and lovely about those tones, and the way that they create a natural blanket over the earth.  Part of me wants to put dried flowers in my hair and go running through a forest, celebrating.  I'm not actually going to do that, so here are some distinctly fall-themed photographs that I took during that same jaunt through Bryant Park on Thursday.  

We'll start out with the requisite shot of my own feet.








Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment