Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Awesome Days


I'm feeling significantly better today!  Huzzah!   I still have a bit of a lingering cough, and by that I mean every thirty minutes or so a sound comes out of my mouth that sounds like I'm strangling a kitten, but I feel great.  I have all kinds of energy, optimism, and enthusiasm.  My train completely screwed me out of getting to work on time this morning, but nothing shall get me down today! Today is an awesome day. I'm even going to be able to go back to martial arts tonight, which makes me stupidly happy.  I've missed beating the crap out of people on a daily basis.  That probably sounds insane, but don't worry, we're kind of padded, and taught how to dodge/ block/ parry/ run away screaming.  

Feeling better made me actually dress up today.  That's pretty normal, to be honest, but this past week, I just kind of grabbed stuff in an attempt to be as comfy as possible.  Also, to wake up as late as possible.  Putting together an outfit takes at least 5 minutes, if not up to 25, and when you're trying to get every available moment of sleep in order to heal, waking up at 7 when you have to leave by 8 sounds much less appealing than waking up at 7:30.  If you wake up at 7:30, you still have time to eat, clean yourself up, and get dressed, but not enough time to plan an excellently cohesive outfit.  But, today, I woke up early, and I tried.  

However, I didn't get any good photos of my outfit.  I wanted to.  I love looking at fashion blogs and Lookbook, seeing the beautiful girls and handsome guys wearing their best, appearing so attractive and cool.  Sometimes I wish that I could be like that.  I had a fashion blog briefly in college, and I loved it.  But, I feel way too weird about asking someone to photograph me.  My boyfriend works at night, so when I wake up in the morning, he's still asleep.  I'm not going to wake him up for the express purpose of taking my photo, because that is lame.  I'm also not going to set up my camera on a bench in the park, because I've tried that, and it takes far too much finagling.  Also, it makes me feel awkward.

Here is is the print of my dress.  There are horsies.

So, these are some awkward shots of parts of my outfit.  One day I'll grow a pair and feel confident enough to ask someone at work to take my photograph.  Right now, I still feel like that is something that only people who are stuck on themselves do.  And I have no interest in being that jerk of a person.  At least I allow myself to feel good about looking nice!  I feel proud of the fact that I put together a nice outfit today, but I don't want to ask anyone to document it.

 This is a blurry photo of my scarf and blazer.  My scarf is blue.  My blazer is brown.  
Also, I have hair.

This shyness really is a problem. However, I'm posting this to promise myself that I will overcome it.  I will start posting fashion photos sometimes because, well, I want to, and maybe it will make me feel even better about this new, more toned and thin body I'm sporting these days.  I promise that soon, I will get someone to take photos of me posing, and I will feel good about them.  I will feel good about my body and my face in them.  This will happen. 

In the meantime, here are my boots, tights and skirt, photographed as I was walking.  

Next time instead of posting a photo of me that looks like this, and screams, "Oh god look how artsy I am!  I mean, look at me, I'm just so, oooh.  Artsy," I will post a photo that is just, well, me.  Wearing clothes.  And, at least pretending to feel good about myself in them.  Eventually, I won't be pretending.  I'll be as proud of my body as I am of what I put on it.  

That is going to be an even more awesome day!

Until then... Aaaaaarrrrrrrtssssssyyyyyyyy......

No comments:

Post a Comment