Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home

No, I don't live in any of these houses.  I wish that I did- that would be amazing.  That's part of my dream at this point.  Danny and I want to buy somewhere to live within the next couple years, but I know that things like this are completely out of our price range.  However, they are within a few blocks of our apartment! 

All of these photographs were taken in Ditmas Park, in Central Brooklyn. So, yes, though many of you may not ever associate New York City with views like this, these were absolutely taken in the middle of New York City.  They're gorgeous.  This is what my walk to the subway looked like this morning- beautiful old houses decorated with varying colors of fallen leaves, trees hanging on to that last bit of fall, streets with few cars and few pedestrians.  A gloomy lack of light, hinting of rain to come later in the day only made the vivid hues of the leaves shine more brightly.  I love my neighborhood; I think it's gorgeous.  I'm so thrilled to live where I do!

And someday, we'll own our own place.  We're seriously talking about this, and it will happen.  It'd be nice to pay a mortgage investment to ourselves instead of a rent payment to a big company. Maybe it will be in our current neighborhood. Maybe, it won't even be in this country.  The next few years seem so uncertain, especially with the prospect of me going ex-pat for my grad degree.  Who knows if I'll want to come back here?  A lot of places in the world look way more inviting to me than the United States.  Not to mention, many of them have more of the kind of freedoms I want.  So, we'll take it one day at a time.  In the meantime, I'll look at these houses, sigh happily, and enjoy my beautiful walk to the train.

I admit that these aren't my best photographs, they're pretty mediocre if not bad, really, but this is a small slice of my daily life.  I thought I'd share it with you.  








Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USa

No comments:

Post a Comment