Friday, November 18, 2011

Inspiration Fridays: A Book, a Hot Drink, a Treat, and a Snuggle


As the weather gets colder, I like to wrap myself in warmth, eat delicious food, enjoy quality entertainment, and snuggle with my darling.  I feel as if this is fairly common practice.  During the winter, we enjoy hot beverages, the comfort of cozy scarves and sweaters, and the simple pleasure of long, dark nights with a lamp and a book or movie.  Though Thanksgiving hasn't yet arrived, I've already taken to burrowing into my couch with novels, wearing comfy knee socks and drinking hot chocolate whilst playing video games, and piling blankets on top of myself and Danny as we catch up on some of our favourite TV shows.  It's easier to wear dark or warm colors in the cold weather, to surround yourself with everything that makes you feel warm and safe, in contrast to the harsh winds and temperatures outdoors.

Today's post is devoted to the urges we get to hole up in a cocoon, eat breads and pastries, drink coffee, tea and cocoa, and grab a book and a snuggle buddy.  Because that is what inspires me today.  I'm doing my best to beat it by working out and attempting to dress well, but honestly, all I want is a pain au chocolat, my space heater, my boyfriend, a sweater, a latte, and a good 500 pages of fantasy to accompany my winter hibernation.

Unknown









By Moi 


Unknown


My Snuggle Buddy, Danny! (Photo by moi)

No comments:

Post a Comment