Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Magnolia

Magnolia blossoms may be some of the most gorgeous things in the natural world.  Really.  They small super effervescent and gorgeous, and they look like puppies should be dancing on them while birds sing Disney songs and rainbows fill the sky.  
The magnolias in New York were beautiful this year, and they all bloomed very early, which made me aware of how many of them there actually are.  Prospect Park and the much smaller Union Square are full of these happiness trees, and my area has them lining many streets.  
Even the fallen blossoms on the sidewalk look nice.  You're walking on cotton candy, supported by fluffy, happy dreams.  At least, it feels like it.
These photographs aren't fabulous quality, but I was so taken with the blossoms on an evening walk through the park that I felt I had to attempt to capture them.  Sadly, my camera wasn't on me, so, phone pictures.  





Brooklyn, New York, USA

Thanks for reading!

~Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment