Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sadly, You Are Not a Monster


I don't know about you, but I've had moments in which I feel like I'm a monster.  I'll look at something I've done, or said, and think, "Ew.  Look at you.  Look at what you did.  Ew.  You're such a monster.  Gross.  Look at your life.  Look at your choices".  Why do I bring this up?  Because I think we all do this.  We look at ourselves sometimes and think "gross" instead of "person".  I'm not sure why- it's pretty incredibly self-deprecating, but most people I know are at least moderately self-deprecating.  I also know a lot of actors, which might explain this, but even my couple of friends who aren't in the arts in some way seem to do this time, and time again.

I have a message for you, but I'm going to let Grover say it instead, because he's fuzzy and cute. 

Also, he's a monster.



You.  Are.  Not.  A.  Monster.

Yeah, you screw up.  Yes, I mess up too.  I mess up a lot.  There are a lot of things I've done that I'm not proud of, but, now that I think of it, there are some things that I'm rather proud of as well.  I'm not a monster.  We've all done wrong, but we've all done right.  We're not monsters.  We deal with a lot of monsters every day, which I could write paragraph upon paragraph about, but, instead, I'll share this cute piece of art I found on Tumblr:


Everyone has something going for them, even if the monsters inside don't want you to see it.

Don't give in to the mental monsters.  You're not a monster.  I promise.

Grover said so.

Plus, even if you do just happen to be a monster, maybe you're as adorable as he is.

Unless you are this ungodly terrifying rotting big bird doll, or its accompanying baby doll friend that were just chilling out on the train platform the other day, waiting for the perfect time to slice at the ankles of unsuspecting commuters. If you are one of them, you are probably a monster.  Holy cow.



Those are quite possibly the two most terrifying photographs I have EVER posted on this blog.  These items were just chilling out at Cortelyou Rd, threatening the very life of each passerby.  What made no sense here, other than their very existence, was the fact that they were covered in moss.  These toys had been decaying for a long time.  The baby was growing a plant out of its back.  How... how does that happen?  These weren't there the day before.  I know, I was on that platform.  Then, suddenly, two long-dead stuffies appeared. 

Meep.

Happy Thursday!

Love,
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment