Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year was actually last sunday, Febuary 14, but for some reason, the festivities were held in London today.  And it was quite a festival.  Thousands of people were walking around with paper dragons, funny hats and dumplings.  People were cracking poppers on the ground like mad.  Lanterns hung all over the windows and across the pedestrian only streets in Chinatown.

I think this can best be described in photographs.  It was incredible.  I left with a cute new pink parasol (the one pictured), a free poster, and a wonderful feeling that I had been part of something special.

Happy Year of the Tiger!
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  

Trafalgar Square was abuzz with people watching the dancers and acrobats.  The last performers, two men dressed as a dragon who climbed a pole, were especially well received.

 
  
  
  
  
  

Here I am with my new parasol!  Yay!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment