Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vancouver... 2009

I completely forgot to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony last night!  Oh no!  I love watching that.  When I was a little kid, I used to be glued to the television screen, especially during the ice skating portions.  I used to ice skate myself, and was pretty obsessed with Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski and Evgeni Plushenko (who is back??!?).  Back in the 1998 and 2002 winter games, that was a big deal for me.

But this year, my main thought was back to my own trip to Vancouver and Whistler a year ago December.  I went up for the day and tried snowboarding for the first time ever. Honestly, I was pretty terrified.  However, I tried my hardest, and by the end of the day, I had even gone down a blue slope!  My thighs and calves hurt like they have never hurt before, but it was worth it.  I had a blast.  Not only that, but the scenery was absolutely stunning.

 
  
  

The weird part was, that the day I first tried snowboarding- was the day that Natasha Richardson died from her beginner skiing accident.  May she rest in peace.

Sorry to continue being morbid (with three RIPs in one day), but RIP Nodar Kumaritashvili, the Georgian luge athlete who died just hours before the games began.

No comments:

Post a Comment