Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Funky Town

I'm scheduling this to post in late morning, but as I sit down to write this post, the clock is about to hit 2:45am.  I'm sighing.  And yawning.  New York City doesn't sleep, and apparently, tonight, neither do I.  Trust me, it's not that I'm not tired, it's just that I can't sleep!

Maybe there is just too much excitement in the world.  Yesterday was really warm, and I spent basically the entire day walking around the city with Danny taking in the sights, flowers, air, and the fact that we could wear summer clothing.  I was in a sundress with no jacket or tights and, wow, it was just heavenly!  If every day could have that kind of weather I would be such a happy lady.

But the other kind of excitement is the city itself.  This place is so insanely vibrant.  Most of the color comes from the people, the fascinating individual people who make up the insane populous.  However, I am way too chicken and self-conscious to take photographs of people most of the time.  I would love to, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to offend anyone, or bug them.  So, I've captured the life of the city from around the people.  The signs, the street art, the plants.  I know I've posted a lot of things like this recently, but it's what happens to be capturing my attention at the moment.  I hope you like it. It's pretty funky.

These were all taken on a walk through Red Hook and Park Slope.


Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment