Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Test Track

While I was walking over the Williamsburg Bridge last week, (see previous post for a little bit more info on this excursion of dreams) I noticed the trains going over the bridge.  Let's be honest- it'd be tricky not to notice them.  They are giant, shiny trains.  They are loud.  And, at some points on the walkway, they are about four feet away from you, creating a nice breeze that is pretty difficult to ignore.  These are the J, M and Z subway trains, the ones I used to take into Manhattan every day.  When I moved to Brooklyn, they were all on the brown line, but now the M is part of the orange line.  I had a whole new perspective now, months later, watching these trains instead of riding in them.  So, I decided to photograph one as it went by, underneath me.  There are a few moments in the pedestrian walkway  where you can stand directly over the trains.  I took advantage of it, and caught an M going by.


Plus, just in case you were ever worried about anything ever, there is this sticker on the bridge.  It is there to remind you that this life is only a test.  


Then there is some word I can't make out.  But, this life is only a test, apparently.

The only test in my life recently has been my train not running on a lot of weekends.  Ah, well.  The head of MTA is trying to make improvements.  I can live with a non-existent train every once in a while.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment