Monday, February 27, 2012

Yogi in Training

I'm officially all signed up for Yoga Teacher Training!  This is so exciting.  I had forgotten just how much I like yoga, but I will never have an opportunity to forget again, because I'm going to be doing yoga 14 hours a week.  Which is, you know, a lot.  It's a lot.  But, I'm super psyched.

My textbooks are all ordered with Amazon gift cards from Christmas, and on their way.  It's happening.  I'm gaining more marketable skills.  Since all of my current ones involve acting, this is another nice step in the right direction.  Not that there isn't work in theatre- there is.  I have some of it.  Danny does too.  It is nice to be getting some experience in something moderately related yet different, though. Woot.

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days- last week was really busy, and this weekend I just needed to decompress, which involved a blatant ignorance of everything that remotely represented a deadline.  We cleaned the apartment.  It smells divine.  

In other news, the weather has been unbelievably gorgeous lately.  Some people are freaking out because it has been unseasonably warm, but I absolutely love it.  Warm weather and sunlight make me happy.  
 I spent a gorgeous lunch break out in Washington Square Park the other day! No coat!

The sun has been rising pre-7am and is up and bright by the time I leave the house at like 7:45, which  makes mornings just a little bit better.  Even Mondays.  
Danny told me this morning that he thinks I might be a secret stealth morning person, and I think that he might be right about this... 
...Does this mean I'm an adult now? My apartment is clean, my bills are paid, and I wake up before 8 every day except Sundays.  I... might be growing up.  Or, grown up.  Meep.  Then again, I am freaking out about how expensive yoga is, so maybe not. 

Here's a little friend we purchased not too long ago- a one-eyed zebra.  He looked so sad and lonely, and we decided to rescue him from CVS.  Now, he lives on our bookshelf.


Ever since I saw Toy Story I've had a weird thing about unloved toys.

New York City , NY, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment