Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Style: Ode to an Old Coat

I received a new coat for Christmas this year, a military-style one, and I like it very much.  It's a great coat- simple, attractive, flattering, and a little bit badass.  That's about all I can ask for in a piece of clothing.  

However, a button fell off of the front a few days ago, so I wore my older coat today.  It's black and white, with buttons down the front.  I love it mostly because, when I look down at the sidewalk beneath me, I silhouette like an Elizabethan courtier.

And that, my friends, is cool.

Anything that makes me feel Renaissance-chic is wonderful.  Anything that went to Europe with me is marvelous.  I wore this coat all around Europe- it traveled through four countries with me, and even though it isn't as new, or as trendy as the military-esque coat, this fact will always give it a place in my heart.  

Stay tuned to see what I was working on today, why I wore the coat... I was acting in a short film directed by my friend Ginny.  I'm so pleased with how the shoot went, I can't wait to see the final result!  Hopefully I'll be able to post it on here once I get a hold of it.

Until then... another reminisce through my European travels with my coat.  

God, I need to get myself back to Europe!

 In a tourist shop in Picadilly Circus, London, England, paired with a Union Jack cowboy hat.


 At the Albert Memorial in London, with a black beret.


 At the Tate Modern in London with Lenny and Jackie!


 At Camden Stables Market, London, with a be-dreaded horse.


 At the Sherlock Holmes Museum in London, with a hunting cap, pipe, and Watson.



 At Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury, England, with some graves.  


 In Canterbury Castle, Canterbury.


 Trapped in Canterbury Castle, Canterbury, but wearing some cute gloves.


 Outside the Rupert Bear Museum in Canterbury.


 Inside the delightfully awesome Rupert Bear Museum in Canterbury.


 Inside of Cardiff Castle in Cardiff, Wales.


 In Bute Park, Cardiff.
 At Stonehenge, England, with a black scarf.


 In The Rocket pub in London, with Kim!


 On the hostel-boat in Stockholm, Sweden!


 With Laura, Morgan, Alex, and Kelly in Stockholm, on a ferry!


 Gazing into the future in Oxford, England.


 In a college courtyard in Oxford.


Pairing a pink face with a pink scarf in Cambridge, England.


 Gazing into the baths in Bath, England.


Straddling a crevice in Bath.



No comments:

Post a Comment