Monday, May 14, 2012

Manhattan's Lesser Squares

There are a lot of "Square Parks" in New York City.  When I was in college, I walked through many of them on pretty much a daily basis.  Union Square and Washington Square are probably the most famous ones, since Times Square doesn't have "Park" at the end, and Bryant Park doesn't have square in the name.

New York has so many parks, it's just crazy, and on beautiful days, they are taken advantage of by locals and tourists.  But, the less popular ones just don't get the tourist draw.  I'm talking about Madison Square Park, Stuyvesant Square Park, and Tompkins Square Park.  About two weeks ago, I met a good friend from college at the yummy and delightful Yaffa Cafe right near Tompkins Square, so I walked from work in Chelsea to meet her.  This sojourn took me past all of the above listed parks, as well as the gated Grammercy Park.  I took a bunch of photos.

What I love about this set is the colors.  I wasn't particularly trying to use bright colors here, but they found me.  I love that.  Color found me.

Enjoy.




















































Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

1 comment: