Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Brooklyn Adventurer

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!

EXCITING NEWS!!

Travel and Toile is going through the process of changing names!  

For the moment, this blog will be called Travel and Toile- The Brooklyn Adventurer, but the eventual idea is to switch to The Brooklyn Adventurer entirely, and to soon switch urls.  Don't worry- http://travelandtoile.blogspot.com will still send you here.  I won't mess up your lives...  or mine.

So, why the changeup?  Because "The Brooklyn Adventurer" fits this blog more than "Travel and Toile" does.  This blog was originally named "Travel and Toile" because it was meant to be my travel blog while I was studying abroad in London... more than two years ago.  Since then, this site has taken on a different life, and the name just doesn't really fit.  I'm not traveling so much, and the word toile was used, at first to denote that my travels would be like the toile print you see on towels, curtains, and clothing- classy, but classic.  Simple, pretty, and nice.  But, people really don't know what that word means, and in my opinion, if you have to explain your business title to people, it's not a good business title.  Let's see how this works out.



I'll be taking the next few days to start to work up to the switch, and eventually transitioning sometime next month.


Hopefully, this name switch will also make me get off of my butt, go out, and photograph the beautiful New York City in which I am blessed to live.


In the meantime, here's a picture of the Autoban Center in Prospect Park, Brooklyn.



Have a gorgeous day!

2 comments:

  1. i like "the brooklyn adventurer"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It's greatly due to Danny and your persistence in calling me Safari Emily the other day :P

    ReplyDelete