Monday, May 23, 2011

Photobucket WTF

Dear Readers,

I am so sorry that the majority of the photographs on the page right now are not working.  If you have visited the site since about 2:00pm eastern standard time today, instead of being able to see any of my original photographs, you have seen this image...


I don't really know why I bothered finding the image and posting it here, considering the fact that it is currently all over my site.

So, why am I telling you this?  Well, it's because, frankly, there is nothing I can do.  Photobucket allows each of its users up to 1000 photographs, or approximately 25 megabytes of space every month.  I have gotten warnings that I was near this limit before, but I have apparently never exceeded it, because this has never happened.  If you're wondering, yes, I really do upload that many photographs.  Anyway, instead of not allowing me to upload any photographs over the 1000ish that I am permitted per month, Photobucket kept me go on uploading.  I was happy about this, and assumed that the bandwidth thing was just an empty threat.

That is, until I looked at my blog about an hour ago, and saw the above image, plastered over all of my hard work.  Then, I read my email.  There is only one way to fix this... PAY THEM MONEY.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen.  Either I have to wait it out until May 29th (when the bandwidth resets) or, I have to pay Photobucket, which is "supposed" to be a free website.  I have to get a pro account.  They tell you this very subtly on the image above.

The moral of the story is- if you want to create urls for  your images, or store them online so your computer doesn't explode, and have lots and lots of files... Do. Not. Use. Photobucket.
 Don't do it.  Just, just don't.  Their system is scam-tastic.  

The second moral of the story is- I'm very sorry everyone, but you're going to have to see those images for a few more days.  Because I am totally not going to pay Photobucket any money.  Sorry.

Yours truly (and truly embarrassed),
~Emily


PS... I almost named this post "Photobucket Phooey".  I don't know if you have noticed, but I try to keep this site as G-rated and clean as possible, and I do a pretty tidy job of it.  My mom and grammy read this, and heaven forbid I sound like a heathen kid to them, or anyone else.  I check the curses and generally attempt to find classier and more intelligent language, which seems to work out better anyway.  With this one though... #&*% it.  Phooey sounds like a bad joke out of Beetle Bailey or Blondie (or some other 50's comic that ceased to be funny once the 50's ended).  WTF is how I feel right now.  Thus, it is the title.  For some reason, I felt the need to explain myself for this.  So, I hope you enjoyed the explanation.  :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment