Sunday, May 22, 2011

Give the World the Best You've Got

So... where I am right now, it's Sunday night, May 22.  If you're reading this, I think it's safe to assume that you didn't get raptured yesterday.  And, if you didn't, I think it's also safe to assume that I didn't get raptured yesterday.  More importantly, no one got raptured yesterday.  Logic wins, and the world carries on as normal!  Huzzah!

In celebration of all of our near-apocalyptic experiences over the past day or so, I've prepared one of my favourite quotes.  I mean, I didn't really prepare it... I copied and pasted it.  Anywho, I love this quote.  It's a good reminder that sometimes, people push away what they know is good and important, and that trying the make the world a more beautiful place than how we found it is, well, tricky.  There are a lot of obstacles when it comes to doing good, but we shouldn't let them stop us.  Because, basically, we are born with the potential to do extraordinary things.  Every one of us has the opportunities to change lives, even if it is just little things here and there.  Giving an hour of your time to a charity, or $5 to one can make a huge difference in someone else's life, but it can also change your own.  Listening to a friend who had a bad day, being there for someone else- it's amazing how much love that can create.  I could go on and on about this, but I think that being selfless reaps benefits for everyone, including yourself, as long as you don't let the selflessness go too far.  

So, yeah.  Be good to each other.

Oh! Just as one final nudge at the rapture, before I put it to rest:
Did you really think that God would kill off a world that spawned MOTHER THERESA??


... didn't think so...



People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.

Love them anyway!


If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.

Do good anyway!


If you are successful, you will win false friends and enemies.

Succeed anyway!


The good you do will be forgotten tomorrow.

Do good anyway!


Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.

Be honest and frank anyway!


What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway!


People really need help but may attack you if you help them.

Help them anyway!


Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.

Give the world the best you’ve got.



We'll be back to the normal photographs and such in the next post.  
In the meantime... I hope you liked the quote!

~Emily
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment