Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Do the Madison

Yesterday, during my lunch break, I grabbed myself a coffee and headed out to enjoy the beautiful spring day in Madison Square Park, in Flatiron.  The sun was shining, and so many people had the same idea, that I actually couldn't find anywhere to sit.  I hadn't brought my camera along to work yesterday, so I decided to capture some images with my phone, instead.  Putting on the silly filters is so fun for me, and is teaching me a lot about colour balance.  Some of the Instagram filters point out when my contrast is just abysmal, which is making me pay attention. I've become better at overall composition, but colour-wise, I've been a bit of an amateur.  So... thank you dear iPhone for making me a better photographer!  It sounds weird to say that, but it is true.

In any case, please enjoy the spring-tastic images, including the ones of the nifty statue currently residing in the centre of the park!!

Here is my happy, stuffed animal cap coffee from the awesome Cafe 28.  Maple Nut flavour, it was yummy.



A nice, pretty puffball of a purple flower....



The effortlessly excellent skyline of the area...



There were some superb chapeau choices happening in the park yesterday. I love this woman's floppy white sun-hat, and also how each person is so completely wrapped up in their own work.  



Here are some more lovely individuals enjoying the lovely day...



And here is the backside of the head statue.  I meant to go and look at the plaque to learn more about it, but then ran out of time and had to go back to work.  I'll post more about it again. This piece of art is fascinating- for some reason, it appears 2D from every angle.  I don't know how the artist achieved this, but I do know that I am insanely impressed.


Some more of the head:



Just a note: I know I said that this would be up at 9am est.... sorry.  I'm off work today, and slept in like the lazy kid I am.  But hey, I got it done, right?


If you didn't catch it in yesterday's post, I will now only be posting here on TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS with the occasional post on another day if I'm feeling really motivated.  I hope you don't mind- this will keep me more consistent, but make me stop attempting to churn out so much content.


In addition- I will be posting so many more photos on my Facebook Page!!
And by so many more, I mean I'm shooting for FIVE (5!) photos from Instagram per day!!!  So, if you aren't liking me on the book of face, you are missing out on a lot of my content.  If you're interested, I wholeheartedly invite you to check it out!  
On that note, here's the link: Travel and Toile on Facebook!

Thank you, you wonderful reader, for all you do.  Without your support, I totally wouldn't have kept this up for as long as I have, and found so much joy in this art form.

~Emily

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment