Friday, June 1, 2012

Inspiration Fridays: Dinosaurs

As I've said before, writing a blog is kind of hard, but it is also fun and extremely rewarding.  The main difficulty comes with feeling like I need to publish, and publish often.  Especially on Fridays.  Inspiration Fridays are by far my biggest draw to this page, they are super popular, and I have a sense of responsibility about them.  So, whenever I skip a Friday, I know that I missed an opportunity, and maybe that I jipped you.  Sorry bout that.  

Two weeks ago, I had no idea what I wanted to write about.  I was going through all kinds of things I find inspirational and just had a big ball of nothing.  Too many things were pretty nifty, and not enough things hadn't already been talked about.  I asked my boyfriend, Danny, what he thought I should write about, and he said, "Dinosaurs".  Not sure if he was joking or not, but here we go.  Dinosaurs.

To start out with, HOLY COW.  WATCH THIS VIDEO.  If you haven't heard of Symphony of Science, well, now you have.  Kiss your next hour goodbye, and yes, I accept thank you notes via email.  Symphony of Science is this amazeballs website where pieces of science talks, documentaries, and tv shows are spliced and sampled together with techno beats to form songs and videos.  They are so good.  Like, woah.  There's one called "Onward to the Edge" that legitimately made my cry.  I was sitting on my couch, tears running down my face, muttering "space is so awesome".  Seriously.

Oh, and this video has Bill Nye the Science Guy in it so get ready for a flashback of epic happiness.




Now, dinosaurs don't need any help to be cool since they were massive, and dangerous and lizards and ancient and omgdinosaurs.  But, a lot of people make art, and some of these people make art that one can only describe as "hell yes".


There was this wonderful invention called, "the internet" that made the proliferation of this kind of art possible- it's one of the reasons that we have mounted, crocheted heads of a ninja and a jackelope gracing the entryway to our apartment like religious totems.  The internet.




God bless it.  Without it, nerds would have actually had to leave their couches and basements to find people like them, and we all know that us nerds just hate to do that.  This way, the nerds found one another, and became more awesome.  Together.  And thus, the internet became a haven for dinosaur lovers, comic readers, science nerds, and Dungeons and Dragons players alike.  They discovered new wonderful places like World of Warcraft and Penny arcade.   There, they prospered.




So, bless it. 



 Bless you, oh internet.  Also, bless the artists who made this awesome stuff.

 
















HAPPY FRIDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment